Parent in Education Week Seminar 2 – Behaviours for learning and wellbeing
with Dr Justin Coulson
This talk will help you understand the different types of behaviours that can support your child’s learning and wellbeing and how you can help them develop these.
- The fact that all behaviours have a purpose – they are a way that children communicate.
- Understanding what your child’s behaviour is trying to tell you.
- How external influences affect children’s behaviour.
- How to help children develop behaviours that will help them learn and have a positive sense of wellbeing. These could include:
- confidence and resilience
- self awareness, self management and social awareness
- the ability to work through problems, deal with stress and form healthy relationships skills in managing their emotions.
Behaviours for learning and wellbeing
August 29, 2018
8:00 pm - 9:45 pm
Venue: Australian Science and Mathematics School
The ASMS is located adjacent Carpark 18 of the Sturt Precinct of Flinders University Bedford Park Campus. See Map of Flinders University
Cashless paid parking is available at Flinders University between 9am and 5pm. Short term 2 hour parking is available in Carpark 13 using a credit/debit card using parking machine located in the carpark and day parking in Carpark 18, 16, 20 and 14 by using the CellOPark App only.
The ASMS is accessible by public transport, please check the Adelaide Metro website for timetable and route information.