Parent in Education Week Seminar 2 – Behaviours for learning and wellbeing
with Dr Justin Coulson
This talk will help you understand the different types of behaviours that can support your child’s learning and wellbeing and how you can help them develop these.
- The fact that all behaviours have a purpose – they are a way that children communicate.
- Understanding what your child’s behaviour is trying to tell you.
- How external influences affect children’s behaviour.
- How to help children develop behaviours that will help them learn and have a positive sense of wellbeing. These could include:
- confidence and resilience
- self awareness, self management and social awareness
- the ability to work through problems, deal with stress and form healthy relationships skills in managing their emotions.
- Behaviours for learning and wellbeing
August 29, 2018
7:00 pm - 8:45 pm
The ASMS is located in Building 8, adjacent Carpark 18 of the Sturt Precinct of Flinders University.
Cashless Paid parking is available on the Flinders University Campus. Short term parking is available in Carpark 13 by using a credit/debit card with parking machine located in the carpark and day parking in Carpark 16 and 20 by using the CellOPark App only.
The ASMS is accessible by public transport, please check the Adelaide Metro website for timetable and route information.