Increasing female engagement and participation in STEM subjects is a priority in schools. This professional learning program is working to identifying and practice effective strategies for girls in STEM.
Key focus areas:
- Teachers knowledge, pedagogy and classroom practice
- Awareness of career pathways, counselling, & industry influence
- Student confidence levels, interdependence and self-perception
Operating as a Professional Learning Community this program provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Gain insight into strategies used in a variety of school contexts that have effectively increased girls’ engagement in STEM subjects
- Meet regularly with likeminded educators with a passion for increasing girls’ participant in STEM
- Keep up to date with research in the field
- Hear from invited guests about their experiences in teaching, learning and working in STEM related fields.
- Improve awareness of STEM career pathways and industry trends.
- Girls In STEM PLC
August 9, 2017
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Venue: ASMS Conference Room
Cashless Paid parking is available on the Flinders University Campus. Short term parking is available in Carpark 13 by using a credit/debit card with parking machine located in the carpark and day parking in Carpark 16 and 20 by using the CellOPark App only.