Parents in Education Week – Seminar 1 – How to live positively in a digital world
with Linda Cranley and Genevieve Johnson
This talk will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of children’s technology use and how to balance screen time with learning and development.
The Honourable John Gardner, Minister for Education will open the program at 7.00pm.
- The benefits of digital learning but how much is too much in a world where children’s technology use is increasing.
- How increasing technology use affects young children’s social and emotional development, and health.
- How parents can work with educators and professionals to help their child develop positive behaviours around digital media.
- How to balance children’s use of technology with live interactions and activities.
- What do positive relationships look like in a digital world?
How to live positivley in a digital world
August 28, 2018
8:00 pm - 9:45 pm
Venue: Australian Science and Mathematics School
The ASMS is located adjacent Carpark 18 of the Sturt Precinct of Flinders University Bedford Park Campus. See Map of Flinders University
Cashless paid parking is available at Flinders University between 9am and 5pm. Short term 2 hour parking is available in Carpark 13 using a credit/debit card using parking machine located in the carpark and day parking in Carpark 18, 16, 20 and 14 by using the CellOPark App only.
The ASMS is accessible by public transport, please check the Adelaide Metro website for timetable and route information.