Parents in Education Week – Seminar 1 – How to live positively in a digital world
with Linda Cranley and Genevieve Johnson
This talk will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of children’s technology use and how to balance screen time with learning and development.
The Honourable John Gardner, Minister for Education will open the program at 7.00pm.
- The benefits of digital learning but how much is too much in a world where children’s technology use is increasing.
- How increasing technology use affects young children’s social and emotional development, and health.
- How parents can work with educators and professionals to help their child develop positive behaviours around digital media.
- How to balance children’s use of technology with live interactions and activities.
- What do positive relationships look like in a digital world?
- How to live positivley in a digital world
August 28, 2018
7:00 pm - 8:45 pm
The ASMS is located in Building 8, adjacent Carpark 18 of the Sturt Precinct of Flinders University.
Cashless Paid parking is available on the Flinders University Campus. Short term parking is available in Carpark 13 by using a credit/debit card with parking machine located in the carpark and day parking in Carpark 16 and 20 by using the CellOPark App only.
The ASMS is accessible by public transport, please check the Adelaide Metro website for timetable and route information.